Italian (Kal de los Frankos) Synagogue (Galata, 1860s)
This synagogue, called Kal de Los Francos, was first constructed in the Karaköy district by the community of Spanish and Portuguese Jews (Comunita Israelitico-Straniera di Rito Spagnuolo Portoghese di Constantinopoli), which was established under the auspices of the Italian king in 1862. After moving to its present location, the synagogue was restored in the 1990s. Saturday concerts of the Naflirim Choir had been held in this synagogue until 1922. Currently, the synagogue is only open for special days.
Some selected examples (please click on pictures to enlarge):