Hesed le Avraam (Justice of Abraham) Synagogue (Büyükada, 1904)
The synagogue was built at the beginning of the 20th century on Büyükada (the Big Island) and was opened for services in 1904. The name of the synagogue was derived from Avraam Aslan Efendi Fresko, who donated the land to the Jewish community. The plan of the synagogue was drawn by the famous architect Gabriele Tedoshi. Currently, it is open to visitors and worshipers during summer time.
Some selected examples (please click on pictures to enlarge):