Bakırköy Sinagogue (Bakırköy, the end of 19th century)
Bakırköy Synagogue is open to the Jewish community who live in the Yeşilköy, Yeşilyurt and Bakırköy districts, where Jews from Edirne settled after the end of 19th century. It was built in 1914 with the effort of Moshe Pinhas and his friend Moshe Behar Hak. During World War II, the building was offered to the Ministry of Defense and used as a military shipment center. After the war, the synagogue was returned to the Jewish community, and opened for prayer. The synagogue has been restored several times.
Some selected examples (please click on pictures to enlarge):